Monday, June 18, 2012

AnyHero Cards

When I saw this week's OWH sketch, I knew right away what I was going to do with the 2x4 space on it. I had gotten a bunch of the popular stamped soldiers-in-a-row from a swap over at Scrap to Treasure (thanks Sandi!) and knew they'd be perfect for the sketch.

OWH Sketch #126

I made 6 of these AnyHero cards; the strips on 4 of them have fat polka dots instead of the plaid and both papers come from the DCWV Dots, Stripes, and Plaids stack. These are the first AnyHero cards I've ever made. I don't have much in the way of armed forces themed supplies so I usually just write in general cards from my own stash. I'm really liking this set of cards though - it makes the AnyHero cards I write more personal. I think I'll continue making specialty AnyHero cards from now on.

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!


8 comments:

  1. I really like that card and I've been eyeing that stamp since I first saw it. It reminds me of the Band of Brothers. (Coincidentally, my neighbor's older brother, Don Malarky, from Astoria, OR, is one of those guys they made the mini series about. I read his book and it's great.)

    I'm always a bit intimidated by any hero cards because it seemed they need to be red, white, and blue and military paper themed. Also, I seem unable to make the same card twice, which slows me down. But you've inspired me to make more. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Band of Brothers is on my "list." I felt the same way about AH cards too, but I did these because I already had the stamped images. Since they were green, I went with paper that matched. You never know where you'll end up, right? haha. Thanks for the feedback!

      Delete
  2. The card really pops the image! SNJ! It is hard for me to make non-patriotic AH cards. I need to break out of the box! Thanks for sharing you word with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply fabulous, Rachel! Love the unexpected, cheerful colors, textures and patterns. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachael, this card is perfect for an any hero card. I try to use other colors on my any hero cards other than red,white & blue from time to time. I figure the heroes, themselves, must get sick of the same colors. I'll have to think about getting that image. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is fantastic! Love the embossing-- such a great touch and the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific card! I got that stamp and haven't figured what to do with it. Your card is an inspiration! Love the Yellow ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must say that stamp fits this sketch, even more so it is a cool stamp.

    ReplyDelete