Sunday, June 24, 2012

Scrappy Cards and a Sketch Challenge

Wow, two posts in under 5 hours - I'm on a roll! Here is my contribution to the OWH Sketch Challenge (#127). I made 6 of these, mostly identical to the one on the right. I had six sentiments but only five of the yellow card fronts, so for the last one I used an embossed card front.



Last night I started using up my patterned paper scraps, following Sandy's lead in the Scrap Tutorial. Here are a couple of the six I came up with.






These papers are from the Whimsy Stack (DCWV). I love these simple but pretty cards; they're such a great way to utilize scraps without sacrificing card quality. I still have a good amount of scraps, so I have a feeling I'll be making pinwheels again in the near future. Not a problem here, I love the way they turn out!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing us the successful "scrap" cards. It is encouraging me to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards with beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! Love how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great cards - glad you got so many made and used your scraps

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're on a great roll and also did a fantastic job on ALL your cards. I LOVE the two sketch cards and also loved how you used scraps! I did that on a couple of recent cards and they came out good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great cards - what a fun paper pack! I agree, it's a great way to use up scraps and still amke pretty cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...you have been busy! Love that sentiment...who makes the birthday sentiment? TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, it's from a birthday quote set from either Inkadinkado or Friskars. Sorry, I can't remember exactly; I just know I got it at AC Moore once when they had all the clear stamp sets on sale for $% (this one was originally about $17). I use this set a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the sweet compliments, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards. Love the warm cheery colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really, really like the way you used the sketch both ways, and thanks so much for showing the scrap tutorial card. I'm always left with bits and pieces of those 6x6 paper pads I can't bear to throw away, and now, like Diana, you've really convinced me to try using them up this way. Lovely, lovely job! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete