Friday, June 15, 2012

Things with Wings - Happy Birthday!

This week's Mid-Week Throwdown challenge at OWH is to use a thing with a wing on a card. It's perfect for me because I was up late the night before using these embossed butterflies that I got in a swap in the Scrap to Treasure group on FB (Thanks again Ann!). The butterflies are held on by brads and are layered for depth and color. I didn't adhere them any more than the brads so they are free to twist and turn slightly - I did make them tight though. I don't know... I figure it makes the card interactive, lol. I'm such a dork. I used one of Sandy's ribbon tips and cut two short pieces, folded them in half and cut them, and then adhered them with my trusty ATG (one on top of the other) before putting the stamped sentiment on top. The patterned paper is from the DCWV Whimsy stack and the sketch is #94 over at OWH.


Living up to my personal goal to keep my cards masculine/feminine-balanced, I also made some birthday cards for the guys in our heroes' lives. This was sketch #102, and used the same Cuttlebug HB folder and sentiment stamp. It might be hard to see, but there's a layer of the navy blue under the sentiment, too. The strips are from the DC...yes..WV Latte Stack. It's almost gone, sniff, sniff!


I was excited to ship a box to Caro this week - 147 cards and 7 AnyHero cards for the Duty Honor. Card Challenge. I'm up to about 20 now for the next box that'll get to her before the deadline, which is the 4th of July. Happy Weekend everyone, and thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, these are very cute! I love the idea of balancing masculine and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto Ann's comment. What a GREAT goal to keep as equal as you can between feminine and masculine! I love these two cards and hummmm, I have that folder... I feel a CASE coming on. Happy cardmaking... :)

    ReplyDelete