Sunday, July 29, 2012

Autumn Around the Bend

This week's sketch challenge over at OWH is perfect for a lot of my scraps! To start my obsession with this sketch, I stole Jeanne's color scheme and went with a leaf motif.


I wasn't too keen on the matting job I did with the leaf at first, but it's growing on me. All the paper is from DCWV's Green Stack, and the embossed strip is the wood grain for Darice.Thanks for an awesome sketch. Julie!

I also want to share another tutorial tryout I did this week. Paper piecing is pretty popular from the blogs I've seen. I've tried it in the past, but have always gotten very frustrated with fussy cutting and gave up. Well, this week, when I started digging into my Christmas supply stash, I came across a stamp that I thought would work.



And Voila! It did! The heart is pieced too, but it might be hard to tell. I used a textured paper for it. For the card front paper and the sentiment, I worked off the hooks on the ornaments. I really like the swirly whirlies. I think I'll make multiples of this with the rest of my red swirly paper stash.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Great cards Rachel. Loved the idea with the leaf. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! Paper piecing is kind of fussy, but that was a great stamp to try it out on. Looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card!! :) God Bless & big hugs... Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that pack...it is so fun! Great card...love the touch of ribbon! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I definitely need to pull out my wood grain embossing folder-- love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty cards. I like the "Thanks for Everything" sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the autumn card...great take on the OWH sketch, :)

    ReplyDelete