Saturday, July 7, 2012

Coloring Troubles and a Pick Me Up

Wow, it's been a week and a half since my last post! Most of that time I had a cold that put me under. Thursday I started recovering, but had a terrible headache all day and max'd out on the limit of Tylenol in one day for the first time in my life. But now I'm better and ready to get crafty!

A fellow blogger shared her adventures in coloring with markers and did such a cute job that I figured I'd try my hand at it with OWH's mascot Ciara this morning. No such luck...


These are LePlume II ("1122") double ended markers that were in the loot from my grandma when she handed down her supplies to us grandkids. I don't know if it's the brand or my hand or maybe their age (3+ yo, but they're plenty wet), but the end product is no bueno! I used one brown for Ciara's body, and a slightly darker brown only for the little bags under her eyes. The camo uses three different shades of green, and then there's the pink for her gum and tongue. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be happy to try them out. I'm sorry Ciara, lol!!!!

To make myself feel better, I ran to my current OWH box in progress and looked over the cards I made last weekend before I got sick. Here are a few that I felt really good about...

Heat embossing is getting better... not so much "dust"

My first "scene"!
The birdy card above uses Sketch #.... actually, I have no idea. Sorry, I can't figure it out from my chart and printed sketches! Anywho, I had cut some fences for a swap and saved a few for myself a while back. I finally used them for a few of these cards, using some cute birdy patterned paper (DCWV's Green Stack) that I thought would go well with them. I also realized that I had some blue sky/cloudy paper from my scrap pack stash and voila! I'm tickled by the final product because it's very much out of my comfort zone and it actually worked out well, haha. As a side note, I made this little crop of cards while watching Everybody's Fine, a movie with Robert DeNiro as a dad who surprise-visits his grownup kids all over the country. It was pretty good... a thought-provoking piece on parent/child relationships.

Now I feel a lot better about the coloring incident, haha. Still, I would like to be able to color better so tips and tricks are more than appreciated. I guess for now I'll stick with Magic Colored Pencils. Happy Weekend and thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment