Sunday, July 8, 2012

Blues and Monkeys

Even though I generally make cards on a weekly basis, I don't always participate in the challenges over at OWH (haven't started the challenges on other sites yet either although many I've seen are pretty cool). So to try to get a bit more on track, I started catching up on recent challenges. Below is this month's ODBD challenge card: Cool colors such as blue, green, and purple.

ODBD's July Challenge
This is a horizontal version of Sketch #84. I like the way these turned out - they'd be good for a guy to send to a guy. I wanted to have a tie on the side of the ribbon there, but the ribbon was too wide and the space too narrow; it wasn't staying tied so I scrapped it.

I also monkeyed around and fulfilled a MWT from two weeks ago. This is Sketch #70, and the monkey is from the Life's a Party Cricut cart. DD and I can never get enough of him - he's toooo cute! I added some googley eyes for the first time on this set that I had in a stash of misc embellies. I don't have many more; what department of the craft store would I find them in?

Recent OWH MidWeek Throwdown
This weekend I found a set of love quotes from authors and artists and had to have them. I was feeling especially romantic at the time because I had just fallen in love with my man all over again the day before. I think I'll do some anniversary cards for last week's MWT, letting the stamps themselves be the focal point. I love love! Thanks for visiting and hope you had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. These cards are great! The blue one is so 'cool', and that little rascal of a monkey so adorable.
    Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific cards. The blue with plaid is wonderful and the wiggle-eyed monkey adorable. Thanks for playing in the ODBD Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete