Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hand-Stitching: Harder Than it Looks

Today's Tuesday Tutorial over at OWH gives us tips on stitching elements to cards. I don't have anything in the way of guide tools like a stiching template or a self-healing mat, but I gave it a go anyway.






Yikes! Before piercing, I dotted the paper where the holes would go, then I used a safety pin to pierce the paper, and finally, I used some floss from our misc craft bin and went to work. Needless to say, this is not the desired effect, although I might keep it for personal use. I might send it to my Superstar of the Sewing Machine mom as a gag card lol. I'm glad tried it; even though stitching is not for me (at least anytime in the near future), at least now I know it for sure, haha!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Way to give it a try, Rachel! I'm amazed by your ingenuity. I bet your mom will love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us. I think your card is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete