Sunday, July 22, 2012

Flowers and Leaves and Embossing Folders, oh My!


This week's card sketch over at OWH (#130!) was perfect for the last few flowers in my stash.

I didn't add a sentiment because I didn't want to take any attention away from the flowers. I used Modge Podge Mod Podge to get the petals under the cream strip to stay put. Funny, I've always thought it was "Modge" but just the other day my DS said "HEY, Mom! It's MoooooD Podge. You've been reading it wrong." Wow, my world crafty world was thrown upside down in that second. My favorite specialty gluey stuff doesn't rhyme, sob sob. Sniff. Okay, I'm over it now, lol.

Here are more Autumn cards. A.C. Moore brought in a new line of dry embossing folders this last week and put them on sale for $1.99. I'm super-excited to now own a wood grain folder! Whoo Hoo! Also, I can't get enough of that leaf stamp; I bought another leaf stamp set on Friday. Think I'll play with it today. Enjoy!







  Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!

11 comments:

  1. Rachel, these are so cute! I love the flowers and that leaf stamp is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. I also love the leaf stamp. I have several different ones and use them often. The wood grain folder is really nice and $1.99... can't beat that. There are no A.C. Moores or Hobby Lobbys in the Tampa area. Wish there were. Thanks for sharing yout cards and making cards for OWH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love leaf stamps - need to dig them out for some fall cards - great group of cards -

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! I love the way you used the flowers to represent the scallops in the sketch. One of my goals is to start doing more cards for OWH without sentiments since they are always in demand. Nice job with the leaf stamp too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should make more no-sentiment cards than I do because they are so versatile for our troops. I like the layered flowers on yours.
    I came here to see what you did with this week's Stars & Stamps sketch, but it was great seeing your other work, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sketch card is yummy...love it without a sentiment! So bold! The other cards are great as well. TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how you left the focus on the challenge card and the fall cards are great! As well. I really miss A.C. Moore and Hobby Lobby. We don't have either one here on South Puget Sound. Just a small Michaels and a JoAnn's way across the city. So I buy a lot online and realize how much more I put in my cart when it's virtual and I can't see it piling up, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just gorgeous! My fave is the flowered one. Your Mod Podge story is a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards. Love the flowers. I have some Mod Podge somewhere.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. All terrific cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards, Rachel! Those flowers are adorable. And you are really making progress on getting the sketches all done! Love it! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete