Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pick Me Up

This week's MidWeek Throwdown challenge over at OWH calls for encouragement-themed cards. I thought this was a perfect opportunity to use a few miscellaneous stamped sentiments I've let pile up from past swaps and came up with this:



I'm starting to trust myself these days and didn't rely on a sketch to get me started. I just laid the pieces out and eyed where each piece would go. The flowers are also from a swap... why are things that come from other people so much more exciting than the stuff I already have? Maybe it's the supply and demand philosophy, who knows, haha. Anyway, the embossed card front is the bird on the vines folder from Cuttlebug, and the DP is from DCWV's Latte stack. I trimmed the edges of the flowers and used Mod Podge to keep them flat against the DP. No one wants a swirly cut flower! I have a handful of these flowers and they match the color scheme of what's left of that stack. So excited because it's been sitting on the back burner waiting for me to use it all up.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!


8 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! Obviously you don't need anything to get you started but your own creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out very pretty, and I especially love the sentiment! The flowers and embossing really pull this card together nicely ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card with a great sentiment. This will certainly pick someone up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute card! I like the texturing you did and the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with the flowers. Great idea to put them on the edge and trim them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! I love the flowers and embossing. I have that folder and haven't used it yet. Now you've motivated me to find a card for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking encouragement card, I love the flowers and how you've used them!

    Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your sentiment and your flowers. TFS.

    ReplyDelete