Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Here's Comes Santa!

Aww, what a neat tutorial this week over at OWH! It's a close up of Santa's big belly! Since I'm low on anything that could pass for black buttons, I decided that Mrs. Santa is dressing him really really well this year, and gave him diamond buttons ;)


The bottoms button has a glare - it's the same jewel dot as the others. I also realized I don't have any black ribbon... let alone the great satiny kind :(. On the list it goes! ALSO, I had to create my own belt buckle (they spent all their money on those diamond buttons). I used a strip of sparkly (sealed!) silver from a sheet from DCWV Stripes, Plaids, and Dots stack, curved the corners freehand, and punched the holes with a Fishers rectangle punch. Now I'm having second thoughts about pairing up those buttons and that buckle... Hmmm. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Santa is fabulous in his sparkly attire. Perhaps he's the Vegas version of Santa? I like that you used a gold ribbon for the belt, too. Thanks for trying the tutorial out and showing just how easy it is to switch it up based on the supplies you have on hand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he's great! This is the blinged-out Santa version. :) I guess last year was prosperous! LOL No really, I do think he's great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your Santa bling... Way to improvise! I think he looks fabuloussss this year! Thanks for playing along with us for Tutorial Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete