Sunday, August 26, 2012

OWH Sketch #135

This morning's OWH sketch #135. I took liberties with the top layer's size...





I also picked up some 12x12" open stock paper that was on sale, which I rarely ever do. I prefer the stacks because I'm more trusting of myself to match up patterned paper if they come from the same stack, but I'm not finding any Autumn/harvest stacks in my LSSs so I went for the open stock papers. I'm glad I did. :)

Sketch #53
I also had a pre-stamped and colored Cornicopia but realized a bit too late that it didn't mesh with the orientation of the middle paper with the text on it. So I came up with this guy...


In the end, I made 4 of the vertical guys with the leaves, and two of the one above. This one has eyelets that are new to me. I recently scored a Cropodile in a swap on FB and I'm so excited to have another type of embellie to use with little to no cost. These eyelets were on clearance... I don't know why. The colors are perfect for the upcoming chilly weather! They're loss, my gain :D



7 comments:

  1. Nice variety of cards! I like the leaf one best - the texture makes it look so rich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took liberties with my sizing too! But that's what it's all about - just some ideas to get our creativity flowing - and sometimes I really need it! Great batch of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job on all your cards - great variety in textures and papers

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice cards! I really like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel...each card is so unique...the fall cards are in my favorite colors! Great images! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards, Rachel! Love that coffee image and sentiment - so cute! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice group pf cards. I like the leaf one particularly and how you combined the two different embossing folders and the rich, autumn colors are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete