Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Your Ship or Mine?

I'm so excited to be the sample card maker for OWH's Mid Week Throwdown this week! This week we are doing masculine cards and here is my favorite of the few I submitted as samples.


I actually made this a week or so ago, before my antiqued scroll adventure, which was inspired by the little scroll I made here for the sentiment. All I did was get the ends wet, roll around a paintbrush, and dry it with the heat embossing tool. I found the pirate font online - it was my first ever downloaded font... fun and easier to add to MS Word than I thought! The card front is inked with a cottonball with stamping ink on it. Here is a before and after pic of the paper...


And of course, a special shout out to the girls over at Scrap to Treasure. I don't have any masculine image stamps and when I asked for fishing and ship images, I lots of help. Thanks Linda, Cindy, Ann, and Misty!

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I love what you did with that paper and the cotton ball. Nice effect so I'll have to give it a try soon. The whole card is just delightful! And another masculine card challenge to broaden our brown card repetoire...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That curled scroll is the perfect compliment to this image! Great masculine card, and TFS those great samples to the OWH mid-week challenge!

    ReplyDelete