Saturday, September 1, 2012

VCMP at OWH Challenge #2

Hi again! OWH's VCMP Challenge #2 is a "recipe." Hmm, looks like a recipe challenge is a mix of elements, not a theme or specific kind of a specific kind of element. Cherie tells us to use 2 kinds of DP, 1 image, and three words. This was a bit of a challenge because when I think sentiment + image, I get nervous and run straight to the safety of my coffee stamp set. But I'm also challenging myself to day to not do any extensive stamping or Cricut cutting. I recently bulked myself up on pre-stamped and pre-cut stuff and this weekend is a great way to start using them. "Ok, ok, blah, blah, blah, so where's the card, Rachel?" Oh, sorry! Here you go!

Sketch #115

The orange layer on the leaf is DP, I promise! I started out with red polka dots to go with the striped paper but tossed it when I came across these leaves, which match the orange and cream tone of the stripes perfectly. I was thinking about running the blue paper through the Cuttlebug but found myself layering it with the red before I made a final decision, haha. This is a part of a kit of four... should I emboss the other three? I have a swirly folder and a stripe folder. Hmm, I'm thinking it's better without because the rest of the card is busy enough. I'd appreciate suggestions, though!

See ya later :)

5 comments:

  1. I think the card is fine the way it is, great color and texture combinations. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that leaf really caught my eye. Love how you made the DSPs come together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I would leave it the way it is because I think the embossing would make it look too busy and lose focus. That leaf paper works so perfectly, too. Thanks for playing along with my challenge, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete