Saturday, September 1, 2012

VCMP at OWH!

This weekend at OWH there is a Virtual Card Making Party, and every few hours a link to creative challenge is posted for participating card makers. Our first challenge also serves as the Our Daily Bread Challenge for the month of September. The mission is to make an encouraging card. Here's mine:

OWH Sketch #62

It's pretty simple, but I like it. Funny little story: I originally was only planning on the white layer under the sentiment, but as I put it together, I realized that wouldn't do the good that layers do because of the white card front. So I had to dig for paper that would match the soft blue green of the DP from DCWV's Green Stack. Yikes! At the bottom of the drawer I found a pad of 8x8 Cardstock Stack from DCWV that my gramma had in the box of supplies she'd given me ... three years ago! I can't tell you how psyched that made me. Thanks again, Grandma! And thanks to DCWV for reusing their colors from pad to pad and year to year. Whew ;)

I made a 'lil card kit of 3 more for this. My birthday is coming up, as well as OWH's, and Sandy is asking for at least one card making party host per state in the month of September. Since my party days are over (my friends and I didn't even celebrate it last year), I decided this would be a good way to get some help from non-crafters. I am representing New York, whoo hoo! So far I have 4 kits. Gonna have to get tape-runners in the coming week.

I will be creating new posts for each challenge this weekend... figure it's easier for all the inlinking that'll be going on.

Thanks for visiting and have a great VCMP!

7 comments:

  1. This is really awesome! Nice card, Rachel, and good luck with your card party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card! Smart approach to making kits for your party too. Hope it's a big success for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful card that was meant to be-- yay for grammas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it fun to find just what you need in your stash? Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the inspirational sentiment as well as the colors you used. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card! I love the color scheme and the beautiful sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with the ODBD/OWH Challenge! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you found just what you needed!! Happy Birthday early. Great success at your party; wish I could be there!!

    ReplyDelete