Saturday, October 20, 2012

Why Don't She Write?

I know, it's been almost two months since I posted, but here I am again. Life got in the way and I lost the will to blog, although I didn't lose the will to craft! So this post is just for catching up on some of the challenges I haven't posted to, even though I completed them. Here we go, in no particular order...

"Love" MWT
 I'm thinking this is a sentiment that would comes from a female, so it would go to a male, so it needs to be on a masculine card. It's a beautiful quote, isn't it?
ODBD Challenge: Circles
 When I came up with the special matte layers to add a twist, I though I was the cat's meow. I had to do something.. didn't want to use black because of the card front, and couldn't use cream because of the big rectangle, and didn't want to add anymore color... Bingo! Use both! :)

Sketch #142
I like to see banners on sketches... but then I committed to 9 of these at once (I had 9 of the sentiment shapes cut). Getting the perfect border around the DP is haaaaaard! And tedious, as I realized to late that I would be doing 27 of them in a row, lol. That's ok though. I like the way they came out. BTW, the DP here and in the top card is from a huge stack by MME called 29th Street Market (my first MME purchase). I bought this because I wanted a big bang for my buck (180 sheets) and to try something new. I'm glad I did, but I don't want to get stuck in muted/vintage tones mode, so got myself a mini pad by DCWV called Hippie Chic too. It's got lots of brights oranges, lime greens, and bold browns. Lots of fun! here's one...


 And more MWT and sketches...

Red and Green MWT
Sketch #140
"Thinking of You" MWT

Sketch #139

Sketch #138

There is black ribbon popping out of those eyelets in the photo above. That's all folks!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for posting all your cards! The last one is super sweet! Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete