Saturday, November 17, 2012

Fussy Cuttin' and Making It Work

Has it been two weeks since my last post already? Wow, time is flying by and I can't keep up! This week's tutorial on OWH's Stars and Stamps blog is for fussy cutting - something I shy away from when ever possible. One thing I took to heart on the post was that my scissors are probably my #1 enemy when it comes to getting a good cut. So I spent my weekly craft allowance (don't worry, it's less than $10) on a new pair of scissors, going with Cutter Bee's Honey Bee pair. I have a cute little owl stamp and used it for my first try at fussy cutting. Wouldn't you know it, I think it really does begin with having a good pair of scissors. These have thin blades and are extra sharp because they're so new. So much better than the blue handled scissors I use from Staples!  I paper pieced the heart, stamped a little sentiment on it and used Sketch #146 for this card...


I also got some cool vintage stamps a week or so ago from Recollections (I think it was) but had trouble finding a sketch to fit a tape cassette image. So I started with Sketch #87 and went from there. The problem came when I saw the empty space on the bottom left that wanted to be utilized. So I played around with some ribbon and did a few of each style.


***UPDATE - the measurements for the above card are:
3 @ 2 3/8'x1 5/8"
1 @ 1 1/2"x5 1 1/4"
plus a ribbon, brad or other embellishment***

Another card I made from the vintage stamp set; Sketch #113...

Awww
Thanks for visiting and hopefully I'll get my butt in gear and post more regularly! Enjoy the weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Super nice cards...love them all! Great stamp set...I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel! Wonderful cards!! I have that little owl stamp and it's fun to see how you used it! I also love any typewriter image and yours rocks, especially in that color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, these are awesome! I have a little Fiskars detail scissors that I love for fussy cutting. What a fabulous stamp set!! That typewriter is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete