Sunday, November 4, 2012

Valentine's Begins!

I did a 2-fer here for this month's ODBD challenge and today's sketch #145. I've seen tons of great cards with dry embossing being enhanced by some marker work and thought I'd give it a try...





Don't like the way the heart turned out, so I tacked on a Cricut heart candy from the Simply Charmed cart. Much better, I think. But hey, I gave it shot :) Also, a shout out to the ladies on the Scrap to Treasure FB group that sent me the papers. I'm on the lookout for this folder now. Thanks!


10 comments:

  1. Rachael, great card for both challenges. Love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card - the candy heart looks terrific. I also love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's never too early to make valentine themed cards. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a fun card! I love the embossing and the candy heart is too, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the richness the texture adds. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I love the embossing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the layers of embossed papers. You never know til you try. Very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable Rachel. I love all the embossing and especially the heart in the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice cards...the second one is super sweet! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! I love the addition of the die cut. Thanks for joining us in this week's Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete