Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Greatest Hits of 2012



We are sharing our favorite cards of the year over at OWH and here are mine, in no particular order...
(click on the banner above to go back to OWH for your next blog)
Desperately wanted this stamp set and finally got for Christmas from a sneaky mom
who saw my post on OWH's FB! Hero Arts: All the Time...

Perfect shade of purple for the stamp; flower matches the embossed front nicely...
Coffee cup tutorial right around when I got this stamp set... so fun!...

 My first (and still only) "scene." Not as hard as I thought it would be...
Love banners and it was my first MME purchase... 29th St. Market.
There is a lot more MME in these parts now!...

Simple paper piecing boosts the cute! I also got a kick out of the ribbon in the eyelets...

The stamp, the paper, the diecut hearts on the pre-printed flourish. Mmm mm good!...
My first favorite sketch (123), pretty early in the year and by far the most
time I'd spent on a card (because of the number of elements) up to that point.

In a pirate craze! Heat embossed the paper after crumpling,
wetting, and staining  it. Very stiff results but not too thick.

 Liked my borders, but whew it was a challenge, especially for nine cards in one shot!
I just want to say that I've had a great time learning from, being inspired by, and working alongside all of you this past year. OWH's special place in my heart has only grown over time and I know that wouldn't have happened without our ability to share with each other on FB, the Blogs, and the Scrap to Treasure board. Thank you to all you ladies for your input, suggestions, and comments. I only hope I've been as much of a support to you and you have to me. It gets lonely here on Long Island in the OWH world lol. Now let's make 2013 even better!

21 comments:

  1. Love ALL your cards, but the pirate ship ROCKS!! can you share with me how you did that?
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops, Sorry Misty, I messed up the link. It's there now in the text. (http://everypagecounts.blogspot.com/2012/08/shiver-me-timbers-its-antiqued-scroll.html) Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Your cards are all cute. My fave is the Love card. Such detail work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! Love themed cards are my favorite. I can't get enough of 'em!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful cards, Rachel! I'm with Susan on being partial to your "Love" card, but I also am crazy about your coffee cup cards! Glad we are part of the OWH community; I'll try to be better about visiting Scrap to Treasure this year! Thanks for all you do. Happy crafting in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards, I really like the coffee cup and need to check out the tutorial!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel...I have to say I love your last card...I think that the way you matted the papers really kicked it up a notch. How did you do that? I really want to try that! Keep up the great work in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, I decided where the black and white would meet, then marked the back of the rectangle. Then I stuck it on a strip of black cardstock at the line (turned upside down), then adhered the other side to white card stock, then I trimmed the whole thing. A great way to use up scrap strips!

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year Rachel! Lovely cards. My favorite is the dictionary page card with the Love theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these!! But that pink and black owl - I never use that color combo for owls...more case in my future!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all great but that last one... LOVE. So simple, yet so darn classy!
    Happy new year,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel, your cards are gorgeous! They're all so different too! Your coffee shaped cards are my favorites. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards! Lots of inspiration and ideas ;) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards and that pirate ship card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pirate ship is awesome, but loved "love"... so pretty! Pat Kinkaid

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your Thanks card with all the strips. such a versatile design and you used great patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the last card, clean and simple!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All your cards are wonderful! Love the technique you used for the pirate ship. I also really love your last card - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your "Miss You All The Time" card. You've got a great group of cards and I'm sure you'll have more in 2013! Thanks for sharing your cards and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad I saw your coffee cards. I also recently got that stamp set, so I need to check out the tutorial.

    I love the purple pinwheel/flower card. It's a nice way to finish off a pinwheel!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The coffee cards are great- but I am so impressed with the work and the result of the ship card! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete