Thursday, January 31, 2013

Happy Birthday!

It's MWT time over at OWH and this week we're making birthday cards! Here's mine:

Happy Birthday MWT
All the DP is from DCWV's The Sweet Stack and the green present in the middle is embossed with the Cuttlebug. I made about 5 of these altogether and they were ridiculously easy - each present got its own layer underneath and I just took extra care to make sure they were flush against each other.

The only problem I had was in getting the ribbon around the 3 gifts. I ended up adhering the presents, then taking my lil Cricut Exacto-type knife and creating slits for the ribbon to slip through. This worked perfectly for this ribbon, but I don't think it would be that easy for wider and bulkier ribbon. Speaking of ribbon, this inspires me to try using some of the Sugar-n-Cream yarn I have left over from making Mom's birthday present. It's just like baker's twine only a bit thicker.

Short story: I'm new at crocheting, so whatever I decided to make her had to be super easy, so I made it up. She works on her laptop on the couch a lot, so I made her what is essentially a big place mat, but it's twice as thick and I call it a "laptop lapmat." Yes, I was very impressed with myself, haha. Anywho, I have a few colors that would match some of my new, thinner DCWV paper perfectly for more stacks of presents.

In the meantime, thanks for visiting and enjoy the rest of the week!


1 comment:

  1. Very cute design! It works perfectly with this cute paper!

    ReplyDelete