Sunday, January 20, 2013

Miss You in the Springtime

This week's sketch is so simple but that's what I love about it. You can use that rectangle for a senitment or to showcase some cool paper. I chose the latter :).



This is a lil birdie from Create a Critter 2 matched up with the "Hippie Chick" stack from DCWV. It serves as this week's MWT and last weekend's sketch #155. I'm not sure about the colors, but it looks a heck of a lot better than it did. I had stamped some flowers on a white oval in one of the turquoise-type colors form the paper and it ended up looking way too busy. So to fix it, I got embossed another oval with plain ol' dots.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. Cute cards! Love the pretty paper in your first card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great cards! The bird is so sweet and I love the simplicity but elegance of the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to be a patterned paper girl myself. Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards Rachel. I really love your use of design paper in the first. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The papers on the first card are gorgeous. I love the bright and happy colors on your second card - and the cute little birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute bird... adore those papers on the first! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete