Sunday, January 13, 2013

MWT - Shhhhh

This week's MidWeek Throwdown asks for cards without sentiments. This one used up scraps of DCWV's Black Currant Stack and is accented by a new-to-me flower stamp. Colored with Crayola colored pencils.



Any suggestions for better colored pencils? These are okay for me right now, but that's because they're the only ones I've ever used... I'm not going to cross over to Copics any time soon but am enjoying coloring stamped images more and more now. I also have a bunch of the Marvy Le Plume II markers, but they bleed so I sue them sparingly. Thanks for any suggestions!

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea for a no sentiment card! Those papers are gorgeous. For colored pencils, Prismacolor are very nice. They're blendable like Copics and go on the paper very smoothly. They'll come out to a little less than a dollar a piece when you buy a set. Watercolor pencils are also really nice. They color about as well as Crayola but when you add in a blender pen or paint brush, they blend and look like watercolor. They're slightly cheaper than Prismacolor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions, Kathryn! I'll look into them:)

    ReplyDelete