Sunday, February 17, 2013

OWH Win!

OWH hosts mail challenges regularly for its volunteers, where those of us who send in boxes by a specified deadline are entered into a drawing to win a box of supplies from our president, Sandy Allnock. And I was one of the winners for the most recent challenge (Race to the Mailbox)! I got my box yesterday and I can't even tell you how thrilling it was to go through it. I had to keep pinching myself, saying, "Rachel, this is yours... and this is yours... and this is yours... it's all yours!" It was a medium flat rate Priority Mail box and it was stuffed to the brim so there wasn't any room for newspaper stuffing. When I was showing my honey what was in it, he actually said to me, "Wow, I wish I could find something for myself to get this excited about" lol. And then, "that patch should go on the back of your Islanders hat." Awesome idea, Hon! Here are some photos of the treasures...
Gorgeous card from Sandy!

Stickers and embellishments!
Ribbon, tags, border punches, ink and a patch!
Stamps, Stamps, and more Stamps!

I can't thank Sandy and OWH enough for all these supplies! There's so much here that I would never have bought on my own, but I already have ideas for. I am often my own worst enemy when it comes to shopping; I've painted myself in a corner style-wise. But now I really get to stretch my imagination and make an even greater variety of cards for our servicemen and women than I have been up to this point.

Long story short, if you are ever on the fence about whether or not to enter one of these mail challenges... do it! Not only do your cards get sent overseas sooner than later, but you might just win one of these incredible supply boxes.Thanks again, Sandy and Co., it feels like Christmas all over again! I'm so grateful!


3 comments:

  1. Rachel, that is so cool!! I am so glad you won a great prize box, too. I know what you mean about how thrilling it is to go through! Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with your new goodies! I love seeing prizes going to people who consistently support OWH because I know they'll use the supplies for even more incredible cards for our heroes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're so excited, Rachel! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete